I’m a 4th-year PhD student and Fulbright scholar in the Department of Philosophy at the University of California, Irvine. Before that, I did my MA in Philosophy at Univerdad de los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia) and before that I received a BA in Philosophy from the Universidad de Antioquia (Medellín, Colombia).
I work mostly on epistemology and issues at the intersection of epistemology and moral responsibility.
- Lucky Ignorance, Modality and Lack of Knowledge.
Pacific Philosophical Quarterly, 2021. DOI. https://doi.org/10.1111/papq.12364
- Can Hinge Epistemology Close the Door on Epistemic Relativism?
Synthese, 2021. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s11229-020-02995-4
- Relativism and Circularity
Discusiones Filosóficas 21(36): 25–37, 2020
- “Epistemología de Bisagra y (anti)relativismo”.
VII Seminario en Historia y Filosofía de la Ciencia: Wittgenstein 100 años después del Tractatus.
October 2021. Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín Colombia. Online.
- “Ignorance, Excuses, and Modality” (peer reviewed).
American Philosophical Association Pacific Division Meeting. April 2021.
- “Ignorance Isn’t Modal” (peer reviewed).
American Philosophical Association Eastern Division Meeting. January 2021.
- “Ignorance and Epistemic Luck. Or Why Ignorance is not Lack of Knowledge” (peer reviewed).
In Workshop on Luck, Risk and Competence. Universidad de Sevilla, Spain. February, 2020.
Work In Progress
- A paper on the metaphysics of luck
- A paper on ignorance and moral responsibility
- A paper on moral luck
Office: HIB 72
University of California, Irvine
Department of Philosophy
85 Humanities Instructional Building
Irvine, CA 92697–4555